Welcome to the Anglican Parish of Warwick
St. Mark's Church, Warwick
St. John's Church, West Warwick
Christ Church, Killarney
St. Alban's, Maryvale
St. James, Pratten
To be a growing, joyful community serving Christ
Our Goals: Growth, Family and Worship
- Growth: to develop discipleship within the Church family, strongly encouraging fellowship and social interaction across the Parish
- Family: to develop our relationship with young families, particularly those who bring their children to the Church for Baptism.
- Worship: to ensure that the services offered are effective in guiding the Parish towards achieving its vision.
- For a full copy of the latest Pew Bulletin, please go to the pew bulletin link on the main menu:
- Pew Sheet Bulletin 05.03.2023 year a at St. Marks second sunday of lent .pdf
- Pew Sheet Bulletin 26.02.2023 year a at St. Marks Eighth Sunday after Epiphany.pdf
- Pew Sheet Bulletin 19.02.2023 year a at St. Marks Seventh Sunday after Epiphany.pdf
- Pew Sheet Bulletin 12.02.2023 year a at St. Marks Sixth Sunday after Epiphany.pdf
- Pew Sheet Bulletin 05.02.2023 year a at St. Marks Fifth Sunday after Epiphany.pdf
- Pew Sheet Bulletin 29.01.2023 year a at St. Marks Fourth Sunday after Epiphany.pdf
- Pew Sheet Bulletin 22.01.2023 year a at St. Marks Third Sunday after Epiphany.pdf
- Youtube: Subscribe to our channel - Anglican Parish of Warwick (never miss an upload)
- Please go to the sermons link on the main menu to view and access reflections etc.
- Video 1 - Restoration 150 Appeal
- Video 2 - October 2016 Update
- Video 3 - December 2016 Update
Welcome to the Anglican Parish of Warwick and please meet our Rector, The Venerable Lizzie Gaitskell, who is also the Archdeacon of Cunningham. Warwick is a thriving town of 12,000+ people situated 160 kilometres south west of Brisbane bordering on fertile farmlands and the rolling hills of the Great Dividing Range. The area was settled in 1840 by the Leslie brothers who began the tradition of the pastoralist, sheep and wool industry in Queensland. Anglican worship in this area commenced in 1848 and continues today in the beautiful and historical sandstone Church of St. Mark's in Warwick as well as in four (4) other daughter Churches within the parish.
Through the efforts of many dedicated lay people, the Anglican Church in Warwick delivers special ministry to the aged people in our local nursing homes, hospitals and the house bound. Home communion and hospital communion are taken, and special follow-up visits are made to those who have recently left hospital. In addition there are active bible study groups seeking to discern the word and will of God. We look forward to welcoming you into our faith community.
The Anglican Parish of Warwick as part of the Anglican Church SQ Diocese is committed to the care, wellbeing and protection of children, young persons and persons at risk in our Parish and wider community. We uphold that child protection and the safety and dignity of every person is the responsibility of all members of the Parish.
A committed group of people are now offering a place where children can be nourished in faith through stories and activities that give them a basic understanding of what it is to be a baptised Christian and a beloved child of God.
Prep to Year 7 The Children start in Church with a short story and prayer and then proceed to Sunday School for about 40minutes before returning to Church for a blessing, a time of sharing and morning tea. We would love for your child to be part of St Mark's Sunday School. (School term only, does not run on School holidays)
Clare McHugh von Stieglitz, Co-ordinator on 4661 3886 or simply come along to the 8.30am Sunday Service at St. Mark's.
History - St. Mark's 150th Anniversary in 2018
In March 2018, St Mark's Anglican Church of Warwick celebrated the 150th Anniversary of the laying of its dedication stone by Bishop Tufnell. However, due to soft stone and the difficulty of establishing adequate foundations, the landmark Church is now in need of extensive repair estimated at approximately $1 million. Can you help, all donations are gratefully received.
Terms and Conditions — Anglican Church Southern Queensland (anglicanchurchsq.org.au)